As an instructor of Sofema Aviation Services, Kevin Rookes had the pleasure to deliver EASA Compliant Aviation Quality Assurance Senior and Lead Auditor Course Small to Medium Operators and Business Aviation Course at Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Facilities from July 31st to August 4th 2017.
About the training:
EASA Compliant Aviation Quality Assurance Senior and Lead Auditor Course Small to Medium Operators and Business Aviation
This course provides an intensive week of Quality Auditing Techniques aimed at persons with some auditing experience who are looking to become Quality Lead Auditors or Compliance Managers. The training places clear priority on best practice management within a strong quality assurance “compliance” based system.
The course also considers the various techniques for effective auditing across the business including the identification of systemic failures as opposed to simple compliance type audit findings.
Develop a detailed understanding of the roles and responsibilities related both to the compliance delivery system (Quality Control – QC) and the independent compliance oversight system (Quality Assurance QA).
Understand where quality standards come from and the role of the organisation to promote and in some cases develop quality standards. How does the EASA Management System function – what are the roles and responsibilities?
Understand the psychology and communication techniques to be employed during an audit, as well as Considering Root Cause and the need to present effective audit findings also taking into account effective post audit support and follow up.
The delivered training included the following subjects:
– General Introduction
– EASA Regulatory Frame Work Review
– Compliance Monitoring Principles and Practice
– QMS & SMS relationship challenges and misconceptions
– The Difference Between Compliance Performance & Safety Auditing
– Quality and Safety Auditor Competence Consider the Competences of a Lead Auditor
– Developing a Basic Auditing Approach – Review
– A Process to Managing and Optimise your Quality System
– Requirements related to an Operations (Reg 965), Quality System
– Requirements related to an EASA Part-145, & EASA Part-M Quality System
– Requirements related to IATA IOSA & IS-AGO
– Requirements related to IS-BAO & IS-BAH
– How do we Identify and Measure our Internal Quality Standards?
– Understanding the Psychology of an Aviation Auditee
– Understanding Hazard Identification and Risk Management
– Auditing for Process Effectiveness
– Audit Checklists Management, Development and Validation – Use of Checklists during the Audit
– Managing Meetings to Open and Close the Audit
– Management Evaluation –How to ensure effectiveness considering the role of the Quality Assurance Function.
What the delegates said about the training?
“The course was delivered in pleasant manner”
“ Well prepared presentation with many real-life examples and stories”
“Instructor answer all the asked questions”
“Good explanation of all the topics”
“Good exposure of the material”
“Instructor has good communication skill and makes discussions between him and the delegates”
“ Very interesting presentation of the content”