Do you need to get the best out of your audit team for performing IOSA related audits? Then here is just the training your audit team needs! This training is authored for Sofema Aviation Services by Kevin Rookes an Aviation Safety Specialist for Hong Kong Safety & Risk Consulting (HSRC). The training material details a practical understanding of the guidance contained in ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems in conducting the International Air Transport Association (IATA) IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) for airline operators.
The training material includes a number of exercises over the 2 days to encourage engagement and understanding.
It proved to be a great session and convey my heartfelt thanks to a wonderful warm team at FMI Air.
About the IOSA Auditing Techniques Training Course
Auditing is one of the essential pillars of an aviation Quality Management System to ensure external regulatory requirements and internal policies, processes and procedures are assessed for compliance and implemented across the entire organisation.
This 2-day intensive course is based on ISO 19011:2011 – Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems, and will teach you how to audit a Quality Management System with emphasis on the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Program.
The course is aimed at engaging delegates to learn various auditing techniques through case-studies and role-play and will boost your knowledge and skills of auditing, and provide you with a set of best auditing practices.
Those familiar with ISO 9001, and other management system standards are also encouraged to attend, as this course focuses more so on the auditing techniques, rather than training in a specific standard.
IOSA Auditing Techniques Training Course Content
- Requirements and Definitions.
- Auditing Principles.
- Audit Behaviour and Competency.
- Audit Program and Structure.
- Audit Team Responsibilities.
- Starting the Audit.
- Objective Evidence.
- The Audit Process.
- Documenting Non-Conformances.
- Ending the Audit.
- Audit Follow-Up.
IOSA Auditing Techniques Training Course Target Groups
This course is ideal for those already familiar with working under a management system standard and specifically aimed at:
- Quality system auditors;
- Personnel involved in managing their organisation’s audit program or in leading audits of their organisation’s management system;
- Auditors looking to upgrade their auditing skills;
- Personnel responsible for assisting their organisation in the IOSA Program.
Pre-Requisites for the IOSA Auditing Techniques Training Course
It is recommended that you have a working understanding of a management system standard.
Learning Objectives for the IOSA Auditing Techniques Training Course
Upon completion of this course, you will learn gain an understanding of:
- ISO 19011.
- Process auditing and management system interfaces.
- Audit schedule, plans, objectives, and scope.
- How to manage an audit program.
- Auditing and interviewing techniques.
- Objective evidence and how to record it.
- Audit behavior, traps, and what not to say.
- Documenting non-conformances.
- Conducting audit follow-up and corrective action effectiveness.